The basic salary which you will receive will be in the band width of €3.000,- up to €4.500,- gross per month (40 hours working week). This depends on your educational background and relevant work experience.
Our client works on breakthrough sorting and transporting solutions for leading customers in Courier Express Parcel, and Distribution and Fulfilment in an expanding environment with many opportunities. For example: multiple planes arrive at an airport, all packed with parcels. These parcels must be sorted and transported to the right planes, trucks and vans; people are expecting their parcels at home in no-time. Our client enables customers to sort a high volume of parcels within a short time frame, so the planes, the trucks and vans can leave in time and the parcels are delivered at your home timely.
As a PLC Controls Engineer you are responsible for the design of PLC controls as part of the material handling system. As an engineer, you create the PLC design, define all interfaces and program PLC software and integrate them into the total controls system. You do this in close collaboration with mechanical and electromechanical disciplines. You work on-site to commission and test the conveyor system. You report directly to the Manager Engineering.
Travel is part of the job. During commissioning you will be at the customer location in Europe for a longer period.
- You independently develop and implement software for PLC and SCADA systems.
- You will design and program PLC controls that meet high quality requirements.
- You will test the software in the office before you start working on site.
- You are a sparring partner for our sales team.
- You make a functional specification of the system according to the requirements of the customer.
- On a regular base you have contact with customers about the design Integration of PLC elements into the overall control system.
- During the commissioning phase you fulfil functional tests of the PLC hardware and software.
- At least Bachelor level, preferably a degree in electrical engineering or Industrial automation.
- Experience in a comparable position.
- Knowledge of Siemens S7 PLC.
- Knowledge of SCADA systems.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, in English.
- Able to work independently.
- Proven problem-solving ability to quickly find the right solutions.
- Can work on different projects simultaneously in a dynamic environment.
Great employment conditions, which include:
- Short communication lines
- Working within an inspiring team
- 40 hours a week
- Flexible working hours
- 25 paid holiday days a year.
- Public holiday, maximum of 7 paid per year.
- Holiday allowance of 8,33% over total gross year income.
- Attractive primary and secondary working conditions
- Many opportunities for professional development
This program ensures that international engineers are fully supported in the move to and integration in the Netherlands.
You will be assisted with the following:
- Helping you in the search for housing nearby your new job
- Setting up a Dutch bank account
- Applying for the BSN number (Dutch NIE) at the Dutch tax office
- Applying for the Dutch health insurance (everybody who is working in our country needs to apply for private health insurance). Depending on the health package you choose for this will cost around € 70,- up to €100,- per month
- A basic course in the Dutch language