This job is in the Netherlands
Our client has been working for over 30 years as a professional systems integrator for industrial automation and production management software projects. Their goal is to increase, in close cooperation with their customers, their production and efficiency and thereby maximizing their competitive edge.
Their added value is a close, enthusiastic and dynamic team of highly trained staff and their in-depth product and process knowledge. The key concepts in their relationship with customer and suppliers alike is teamwork and partnership.
To strengthen their business unit in the Netherlands, they are looking for a passionate Industrial SCADA Software Engineer.
- You will work closely with clients and internal project manager for the overall project.
- You will analyse, in cooperation with the project, the needs and requirements of the client and translates it into a functional description.
- You will develop software to control industrial processes and visualization (HMI SCADA).
- You implement data logging and processing of industrial processes (Historian, SQL, SSRS).
- You keep abreast of the latest technologies and applies them in your projects.
- You conduct the required tests yourself; possibly in cooperation with the customer.
- Since our client is active in industries diversion, you are open for every new challenge.
- In time, the possibility exists to grow into the role of project manager or solution architect.
Functional description of the job
Based on a functional design document, configuration and programming of the Proficy SCADA software (iFix or Cimplicity).
- Establishing the communication between the PLC and the SCADA software
- 90% it will be an OPC communication configuration : Kepware
- 10% could be custom scripting when using serial protocols
- Configuration of the SCADA software
- Configuration of the tag database
- Configuration of the classes and objects
Sometimes an Excel macro is used to automatically generate the objects based on the classes.
- Tag definition of the class
- Scripts in the class : VBA scripting
- Events and actions
- Timed events
- Development of the graphical user interface of the class
- Configuration of dynamo's
§ Graphical library class
- Configuration of the data logging of the SCADA project into
§ SQL Server
§ Proficy Historian
- Configuration of the security
§ Integration with ActiveDirectory
- Development of historical reports
- SQL Server Reporting Services reporting based on SQL Server database or linked Historian Server
- Stored procedure development for the reports
- Creating the FAT document protocol based on the functional analysis
- Internal validation/testing of the software, based on the FAT protocol
- SAT testing on site by the customer
- Testing/ validation of the software together with the customer
- You have a higher technical (Bachelor or Master) degree or equivalent experience.
- You have an interest in the development of industrial applications (SCADA, Historian, SQL, ...).
- Knowledge of the GE Proficy IP suite (Historian, Cimplicity, iFix, Workflow ...) is a plus, but not required.
- You possess strong analytical and conceptual thinking.
- You are up-to-date in terms of technology and software development.
- Integration of bar code scanners, RF-ID readers or other peripherals are an interesting challenge for you.
- You are flexible and stress resistant.
- You have a good knowledge (oral and written) of the English language
- Work experience is not required.
The basic salary which you will receive will be in the band width of € 2.300,- up to € 3.500,- gross per month (40 hours working week). This depends on your educational background and relevant work experience
Below you find an overview of your main primary and secondary conditions for this position.
- 24 paid holiday days a year
- Public holiday, maximum of 7 per year.
- Holiday allowance of 8% over total gross year income
- Travel expense of 0,19 per km for travelling from your house to work and back
This program ensures that international engineers are fully supported in the move to and integration in the Netherlands.
You will be assisted with the following:
- Helping you in the search for housing nearby your new job.
- Setting up a Dutch bank account
- Applying for the BSN number at the Dutch tax office
- Applying for the Dutch health insurance (everybody who is working in our country needs to apply for private health insurance). Depending on the health package you choose for this will cost around € 70,- up to €100,- per month.
- A basic course in the Dutch language