Innovation is at the core of what our client does and you will be part of a very unique and professional team of colleagues who can match your talent and expertise.
Your projects will be diverse – working with varying clients, across a number of sectors, using a range of skills. Consequently, we are looking for individuals able to work flexibly across projects in different domains. You might apply your skills to rapidly prototype new approaches & solutions. Equally, you may apply them to complement or advance existing solutions.
You are able to adapt to what the project needs, this may be in the role of Scrum master, Senior Developer, DevOps or Architect. As such, we are looking for someone with a collaborative mindset who is happy to be flexible and take on different responsibilities over the lifetime of the projects.
Depending on your level of ability/experience, you will have familiarity, competence or expertise in a subset of these areas:
- Relevant architectural styles e.g. micro service architecture, REST.
- Database design, integration, management & maintenance (migration)
- Database tools e.g. Oracle SQL Developer, Liquibase.
- Development & debugging tools & techniques e.g. IntelliJ IDEA, Eclipse, NetBeans.
- VCS tools & techniques e.g. Git, SVN, branching, merging, patching, release management.
- Testing tools and plug-ins e.g. Junit, Cucumber, Maven Surefire, Maven Failsafe.
- Testing levels e.g. unit, integration, system.
- Documentation tools and techniques e.g. UML, Enterprise Architect, MDA & MBSE, Confluence including draw.io
- Development methodologies e.g. Agile (SCRUM, SAFe).
- DevOps techniques, tools & infrastructure e.g. continuous integration, continuous deployment, Bamboo, Jenkins, Gitlab, Docker, Ansible, vRealize etc.
In addition, you have the following skills:
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- You are enthusiastic, full of initiative and customer-oriented
- You have strong social and communication skills
- You are critical, involved and responsible
- You are flexible and hardworking both independently and as part of a team
- You possess willingness and enthusiasm to improve and develop new skills and learn new technologies
- A lot is asked of employees, but you also get a lot in return:
- A salary above market rate
- A stimulating and innovative workplace
- Lots of attention and time for training and appropriate assignments
- Decisions are only made if they are widely supported within the company
- You will be working with the very best Java developers in the region
Our client is a Dutch company made up of IT specialists with a focus on software development in Java. They aim for high quality, not for ‘disposable software’ and always act in the best interest of their client. This inspiring ‘Java community’ is always looking to create synergy and is highly focused on results.
The company promotes an internal open culture with little hierarchy where consultants and managers make decisions together. Refined development in combination with a sense of business make this company an innovative and course-setting organization.