This job is in Belgium
Our client designs, develops and produces machines for the agricultural sector. The company has been active for more than 100 years and is known worldwide. They also have their own product development department and own several patents.
- Ensuring the timely, efficient and cost-effective delivery and design of Telematics products with specific accountability for assigned projects.
- Acting as an interface between Platform, Marketing, Vehicle Platform Engineering and External Suppliers/Partners for requirements gathering and clarification.
- Working closely together with other system engineers as well as technical engineers to reach the team goal.
- Leading the design of telematics platforms, in terms of hardware and software architectures.
- Supporting the external supplier and the component engineer to define the test list for the component validation, review the results and suggest improvements.
- Defining and executing micro plans to implement platform improvements.
- Supervising the test results and addressing the issues.
- Proposing effective and sustainable processes for diagnostics, service and end-of-line operations.
- Working cohesively as a member of a Telematics engineering team, collaborating with other members of the team with the end goal of maximizing quality and delivering on schedule.
- Proposing innovations, creating invention disclosures, critiquing and advocating proposals for others, propose and develop new design concepts and IP which will advance the product/systems.
- When required, travel to supplier facilities, test facilities, and customer field sites to resolve problems, explore design alternatives and provide information.
- You have a Master's degree in computer science, electrical or electronics engineering or equivalent by experience;
- 5 years of experience in telematics or complex and distributed electronics systems integration;
- You have a solid experience in electronic design, qualification, architecture and integration
- Experience within the agricultural industry will be an asset;
- You have a deep understanding of vehicle electronics architectures and applications including CAN communication, J1939 protocols and ISO-11783;
- Knowledge of HW and SW design and architecture
- You have technical knowledge of Wireless Radio Technologies, Cellular Protocol Stack could be a plus;
- Experience in systems integration and back office solutions integration;
- You have a willingness to travel; 15 – 20%;
- You are fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- A permanent challenging job in a dynamic, international and high-tech environment.
- You will also have the opportunity to further develop your own interests in order to contribute to the success of the entire company.
- In addition, you will be working in a pleasant, team-oriented and professional atmosphere with many opportunities for development.
- All this goes hand in hand with an attractive salary and a package of extra legal benefits such as hospitalization insurance, meal vouchers, etc.