This job is in the Netherlands and Germany
Our client is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of premium automobiles and motorcycles. As their Cloud Engineer you will be working in the PostgreSQL team that is divided between our clients Dutch and German location. The team consist of senior professionals and there is a very good atmosphere within the group. The biggest part of the team is located in Holland. The team uses DevOps, Agile, Scrum methodology to manage operations and projects. All the work is done from Holland (1 day a week) or via home office and occasionally (about two times a year) it is necessary to travel to Germany.
The PostgreSQL environment is setup in a very complex classical and virtual landscape. The function has two main focus areas, one is the automating of existing, manual and parsley automated procedures. The second one is to build new functionality based on requests by the customer of Product Owner. Topics that would be part of your scope of work are; migration to the AWS cloud, automation of docker releases, security of containers, monitoring of the environment, etc. Within the environment Ansible is the standard automation tool, together with on-prem cloud (rancher, OpenStack/Shift) and public cloud (AWS, Azure).
- You have at least a higher vocational education;
- 5 years’ experience automating with Ansible or similar toolset;
- 5 years’ experience with container and management technologies (Docker, Kubernetes);
- You have 5 years Linux experience;
- You have 2 years public cloud (AWS, Azure) experience;
- 1 year PostgreSQL is a plus;
- You speak English on a professional level, both written and spoken;
- You are able to understand written and spoken German.
You will be working in a very professional international team with only senior professionals. The scale and complexity of the solutions are challenging as you expect of global market leading company. A competitive salary between €8000 to €10.000 per month based on 40 hours per week.