PLC Engineer As a PLC engineer you are responsible for developing PLC controls software, Siemens S7 and Tia Portal for machines and machine lines. You do this in close cooperation with colleagues from the mechanical and electrical departments. After the software is programmed you test it and eventually put it into operation at the customer's location, which can be anywhere in the world. Because you will frequently visit the customer on-site, it is important that you are open to international travel. Our client is the global leader for value-added logistic process automation at airports and in the parcel market, as well as a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses, with a focus on developing cutting-edge solutions.
Your Profile: As an PLC Engineer you have frequent customer contact, so it’s very important to have excellent communication skills. You analyze problems, you listen to the customer needs and you can translate this into technical solutions;
• Bachelor or Master Degree in a technical subject e.g. Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering, Software or Industrial Automation
• You have 2 – 10 years’ experience in an international environment
• Experience with troubleshooting
• Experience with programming in Siemens is preferred
• You have strong analytical capabilities, together with an entrepreneurial and pro- active approach
• You are eager to learn and have the ability to continuously improve the technology, processes and yourself
• Willing to work in a stand-by schedule together with your team
• Willing to travel extensively around the world
• High level English language skills
• The salary which you will receive is above market average and will be in the band width of €2.400,- up to €4.500,- gross per month depending on relevant work experience.
• A steady job
• Training budget
• Opportunities for growth and personal development
• Travel allowance
• Vacation days
• Collective insurances
• Pension scheme
• 8.33% vacation pay
Relocation program This program ensures that international engineers are fully supported in the move to and integration in the Netherlands. You will be assisted with the following:
• Helping you in the search for housing nearby your new job. • Setting up a Dutch bank account • Applying for the BSN number at the Dutch tax office • Applying for the Dutch health insurance (everybody who is working in our country
needs to apply for private health insurance). Depending on the health package you choose for this will cost around € 70,- up to €100,- per month.
• A basic course in the Dutch language